Video: Utah man arrested for driving truck up Capitol steps
The suspect was TASERed and eventually taken into custody by police
By Pat Reavy and Andrew Wittenberg
SALT LAKE CITY — A man who drove his pickup truck up the steps of the state Capitol building was arrested Tuesday.
About 1:30 p.m., Gerald Green, 36, drove up the steps on the west side of the Capitol, stopped next to the doors and went in.
Green walked through the Hall of Governors, looked in a few doors and eventually made his way to the third floor, where he began banging on the locked doors of the Utah Supreme Court.
"The suspect was noncompliant," Utah Highway Patrol Capt. Barton Blair said. "A Taser was deployed. He was wearing loose-fitting clothing, which made that Taser ineffective, and our troopers ended up going hands on, as we say, with the individual and taking him into custody."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds