Video: Police TASER drunk man resisting arrest
The man refused to drop his cigarette and continued to smoke it as police pleaded with him not to resist
By Craig Pearson
The Windsor Star
WINDSOR, Ontario — Police subdued a man with a Taser in downtown Windsor Thursday night after he resisted arrest in a dramatic confrontation that was caught on video by a Windsor Star reporter.
The video shows police telling the man to get on his knees and that he was under arrest for intoxication outside the bar a half flight down from street level. Though he started to kneel down he then stood and would not comply. Police again told him he was under arrest, that they did not want to hurt him, and to throw away his cigarette. Instead, he smoked it.
When a number of police tried to arrest him, he pulled away and had almost slipped out of his jacket when an officer used a Taser on him. He screamed and dropped to the ground, where he was handcuffed.
Full Story: Police Taser a man in downtown Windsor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house