3-year-old girl killed in Md. shootout between man, police
Police said the man shot at police and six officers returned fire on two occasions Saturday
TEMPLE HILLS, Md. — Maryland police say a 3-year-old girl died from wounds received during a shootout between authorities and the man driving a car she was in.
Police said the man shot at officers and six officers returned fire on two occasions Saturday in Temple Hills, killing him the second time.
After the shooting stopped, officers found the girl in the car, suffering from a gunshot wound. She died later Saturday.
Polices say the man had led them on a chase after shooting and critically wounding two people in Camp Springs. They said they believe the victims are the girl's maternal grandfather and great-grandmother.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman