Video: Toolbox approach to using your baton
With the variety of problems now being associated with terminology around the “use of force continuum” — most notably the difficulties it presents in courtroom testimony — there has been a move toward thinking in terms of a toolbox approach to force options. In this video tactical tip, PoliceOne Contributor Gary Klugiewicz explains how the baton can be used at an array of situations — from enhancing officer presence and verbalization, all the way up to control, protection, and deadly force.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman