Pa. police veteran killed in horrific crash
By Bonnie L. Cook and Sam Wood
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer died last night following a dramatic two-vehicle crash - involving a Levittown man charged with driving under the influence - in the city's Port Richmond section.
Sgt. Timothy Simpson, 46, died at Temple University Hospital, where he had been rushed in critical condition following the 10:30 p.m. collision at Aramingo and Allegheny Avenues.
Simpson, whose former partner Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski was gunned down in May following a bank robbery, is the fourth member of the force to die on the job this year.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police