Philly officer killed in crash mourned
Members of the Philadelphia Police department attend the funeral mass for fallen Philadelphia Police Sgt. Timothy Simpson. For the third time in less than three months, police officers poured into a downtown cathedral to remember a colleague slain in the line of duty, this time a veteran sergeant killed when his cruiser was hit by a man allegedly fleeing police. (AP Photo)
By Melissa Dribben
PHILADELPHIA — The white tent was set up, once again, outside the John F. Givnish Funeral Home in the Northeast last night to shelter friends, relatives, and fellow police officers as they lined up to pay respects to fallen police Sgt. Timothy Simpson.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly officer killed in crash mourned
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms