La. officer killed in crash after shift
By Molly Reid
NEW ORLEANS — When Curtis Jones left his Slidell home to work a security shift Friday night at the Superdome as a reserve officer for the New Orleans Police Department, the 74-year-old retired Army major did not do it out of financial necessity.
He did it because "that's what he loved doing: giving his time, no matter what," said his wife, Brenda.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. officer killed in crash after shift
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman