La. officer killed in crash after shift
By Molly Reid
NEW ORLEANS — When Curtis Jones left his Slidell home to work a security shift Friday night at the Superdome as a reserve officer for the New Orleans Police Department, the 74-year-old retired Army major did not do it out of financial necessity.
He did it because "that's what he loved doing: giving his time, no matter what," said his wife, Brenda.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. officer killed in crash after shift
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court