Texas sheriff killed in crash during pursuit
By Kristin Edwards
TRINITY COUNTY, Texas — Trinity County Sheriff Brent Lee was killed Thursday morning when his patrol car left Farm-to-Market Road 3453 and crashed during the pursuit of a possible suspect.
According to information released by the Texas Department of Public Safety, the 58-year-old Lee was ejected from his 2006 Ford Crown Victoria when the vehicle swerved off the road and hit a utility pole and a tree at approximately 4:20 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas sheriff killed in crash during pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court