Texas sheriff killed in crash during pursuit
By Kristin Edwards
TRINITY COUNTY, Texas — Trinity County Sheriff Brent Lee was killed Thursday morning when his patrol car left Farm-to-Market Road 3453 and crashed during the pursuit of a possible suspect.
According to information released by the Texas Department of Public Safety, the 58-year-old Lee was ejected from his 2006 Ford Crown Victoria when the vehicle swerved off the road and hit a utility pole and a tree at approximately 4:20 a.m.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas sheriff killed in crash during pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman