Investigators say fallen Fla. deputies 'made mistake'
By Brian Haas
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Sheriff Ric Bradshaw on Thursday blamed the deaths of two deputies south of Pahokee solely on the deputies themselves, saying they made a "mistake in judgment" by going in the roadway before they were struck by another deputy's cruiser.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform