Sheriff's stickers come back to bite department
By Jason Kotowski
The Bakersfield Californian
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — A joke played by some Kern County Sheriff's officials several years ago may come back to bite them in court.
Thomas Philip says his civil rights were violated by deputies who used excessive force in his 2003 arrest. The trial began Wednesday in Fresno.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Sheriff's stickers come back to bite department
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds