Utah police fight crime, fuel costs with hybrid cars
By Pat Reavy
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Call it collecting fingerprints while reducing carbon footprints.
In an effort to cut fuel costs -- thereby possibly saving jobs, as well as reducing its impact on the environment -- the Salt Lake Police Department Monday unveiled the latest additions to its fleet: a hybrid patrol car and an electric three-wheeled vehicle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert