N.M. officer charged in fatal hit-and-run
By Hailey Heinz
ALBUQUERQUE — An Albuquerque police sergeant accused of running over and killing a woman in a bar parking lot in April was charged, arrested and released last month, according to court records.
Andrew Gallegos was charged Dec. 12 with tampering with evidence and leaving the scene of an accident involving death or injury, a third-degree felony carrying a maximum prison term of six years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. officer charged in fatal hit-and-run
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert