Technology might prevent officers from being dragged
By Jason Trahan and Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — It's one of the most dangerous scenarios for a law enforcement officer: approaching a driver sitting in an idling vehicle.
As two weekend incidents in Dallas illustrate, things can go so wrong within seconds that police officers are dragged and injured as they try to subdue drivers. Suspects can be shot or even killed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police