Police question why traffic deaths are up
Appreciation Day draws attention to rising traffic fatalities
By Lou Michel
BUFFALO, N.Y. — With an increased number of police officers dying in traffic accidents —an estimated 71 nationally last year — Western New York law enforcement drew attention to that fact Monday on Police Appreciation Day.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police question why traffic deaths are up
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help