Albany, N.Y. gets new squad cars
ALBANY, N.Y. — For the Geek Squad, they ain't. Gone are the staid Chevy Caprices, and going are the steady Ford Crown Victorias. Both squarish sedans were police cruiser staples for two decades, but the city Police Department is adding a dashing, more muscular new look to its motor pool: the Dodge Charger.
Thirteen of the sleek sedans with 368-horsepower Hemi engines will replace about a dozen Ford Crown Victorias headed for retirement this year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Albany, N.Y. gets new squad cars
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house