N.J. trooper who hit and killed teens testifies
By Jacqueline L. Urgo
CAPE MAY, N.J. — New Jersey State Trooper Robert Higbee testified yesterday that he did not see a stop sign at the Upper Township intersection where two teenage sisters died after he plowed his police cruiser into their minivan in 2006.
"The last few frames in my mind are braking, looking, and darkness," Higbee said during an emotional day on the witness stand.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.J. trooper who hit and killed teens testifies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms