No charges for firefighter in Mo. deputy's '07 death
Kansas City Star
GREENE COUNTY, Mo. — The volunteer firefighter accused of causing a crash that killed Greene County Deputy Gary McCormack in 2007 will not face prosecution under an agreement filed Monday in court .
After more than a year’s wrangling, Joshua C. Douglas, 27, reached a deferred prosecution agreement with Greene County prosecutors, effectively eliminating a charge of misdemeanor careless and imprudent driving.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform