Unmarked cop car containing weapons, I.D. stolen
By Julie Knipe Brown
MIAMI — Law enforcement officers from two counties are searching for an unmarked police car loaded with weapons, ammunition, riot gear -- and possibly even an emergency light -- that was stolen from outside a Hialeah restaurant early Friday morning.
Investigators are warning that the thief may possibly use the vehicle to impersonate a police officer by stopping an unsuspecting motorist.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Unmarked cop car containing weapons, I.D. stolen
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help