Ky. city says it shouldn't pay for officer's fatal wreck
By Jason Riley
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — On Oct. 7, 2006, Louisville Metro Police Officer Kenten Measle was driving to work — speeding, investigators determined later — when he swerved into an emergency lane on Interstate 64 West and struck and killed Donnie Puente, a father who was putting gas into a friend's stranded vehicle.
At the time, Measle was in uniform, driving his take-home cruiser and listening to his police radio.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms