Texas sheriff's deputy dies en route to accident
Dallas Morning News
BURNET, Texas — A Burnet County sheriff's deputy has died after his vehicle struck a deer, then he lost control and hit a tree while responding to an accident with injuries.
A statement from the sheriff's office says 42-year-old Francis David Blake was headed to the accident at 1 a.m. Saturday on Park Road 4, located one to two miles South of Highway 29 when he hit the deer on Highway 29, west of Deer Springs.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas sheriff's deputy dies en route to accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house