Nev. cop killed in crash, one in critical condition
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — One of the Las Vegas police officers involved in a single-vehicle accident Wednesday night at Nellis Boulevard and Washington Avenue has died from his injuries.
"Losing an officer to a shooting or anything like this is very tragic but we're a family and we'll continue to do our jobs," Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie said at a news conference this morning.
Officer Milburn "Millie" Beitel, 30, died at 1:30 a.m. at University Medical Center following surgery. He had been with the department six years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house