Nev. cop killed in crash, one in critical condition
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — One of the Las Vegas police officers involved in a single-vehicle accident Wednesday night at Nellis Boulevard and Washington Avenue has died from his injuries.
"Losing an officer to a shooting or anything like this is very tragic but we're a family and we'll continue to do our jobs," Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie said at a news conference this morning.
Officer Milburn "Millie" Beitel, 30, died at 1:30 a.m. at University Medical Center following surgery. He had been with the department six years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help