N.C. cop was driving 93 mph without seatbelt before crash, report says
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A police officer was traveling 93 miles per hour before crashing while responding to a call in SouthPark earlier this week, a report just released from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department says.
Officer Joseph Willinsky, 23, was on his way to the Strawberry Hill Apartments on Providence Road when he crashed his patrol car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests