N.C. cop was driving 93 mph without seatbelt before crash, report says
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A police officer was traveling 93 miles per hour before crashing while responding to a call in SouthPark earlier this week, a report just released from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department says.
Officer Joseph Willinsky, 23, was on his way to the Strawberry Hill Apartments on Providence Road when he crashed his patrol car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house