N.C. cop was driving 93 mph without seatbelt before crash, report says
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A police officer was traveling 93 miles per hour before crashing while responding to a call in SouthPark earlier this week, a report just released from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department says.
Officer Joseph Willinsky, 23, was on his way to the Strawberry Hill Apartments on Providence Road when he crashed his patrol car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help