Ind. officer succumbs to injuries in on-duty crash
WARSAW, Ind. — Indiana State Police say a Kosciusko County sheriff's officer has died in a collision between his cruiser and a truck.
State police say Sgt. Jeffery B. Shaw was pronounced dead at Kosciusko Community Hospital following the 3 p.m. crash on state highway 14 south of Warsaw. The driver of the truck, 53-year-old Steven L. Byerly of Fort Wayne, was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman