Mass. police probe security-system tampering in wake of cruiser theft
By Lisa Redmond and Robert Mills
LOWELL, Mass. — City police are investigating who tampered with the security system in a police cruiser after a 20-year-old Lowell man stole the vehicle early Saturday morning and led police on a chase before crashing into several parked cars.
Police say that while Lowell Police Officer Soben Buth was responding, along with other officers, to a loud party at 1990 Middlesex St. about 2 a.m., he heard a screeching sound.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house