Mass. police probe security-system tampering in wake of cruiser theft
By Lisa Redmond and Robert Mills
LOWELL, Mass. — City police are investigating who tampered with the security system in a police cruiser after a 20-year-old Lowell man stole the vehicle early Saturday morning and led police on a chase before crashing into several parked cars.
Police say that while Lowell Police Officer Soben Buth was responding, along with other officers, to a loud party at 1990 Middlesex St. about 2 a.m., he heard a screeching sound.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic