Pa. trooper's Crown Vic bursts into flames
By David Falchek
SCRANTON, Pa. — A Pennsylvania State Trooper narrowly escaped serious injury after his car burst into flames on the McDade Expressway Saturday afternoon.
The state police cruiser was northbound before 1 p.m. when the engine compartment burst into flames. Two lanes of traffic were shut for about 20 minutes as the fire was extinguished. Traffic was restricted to one lane for about an hour, creating delays.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. trooper's Crown Vic bursts into flames
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house