Calif. man wanted for parole violation shoots at officers
By John F. Hill
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A man wanted for a parole violation sprayed rounds from an automatic weapon at a police cruiser during a wild chase Sunday morning through Riverside and Rubidoux, police said.
With a Riverside Police Department cruiser in pursuit, an occupant of the car fired many times at officers, hitting the cruiser several times, said police Lt. Chuck Griffitts. Several more shots were fired after the fleeing suspects ditched the car on Twining Street in Rubidoux.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman