Calif. man wanted for parole violation shoots at officers
By John F. Hill
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A man wanted for a parole violation sprayed rounds from an automatic weapon at a police cruiser during a wild chase Sunday morning through Riverside and Rubidoux, police said.
With a Riverside Police Department cruiser in pursuit, an occupant of the car fired many times at officers, hitting the cruiser several times, said police Lt. Chuck Griffitts. Several more shots were fired after the fleeing suspects ditched the car on Twining Street in Rubidoux.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help