Mo. cop killed after SUV loses control on icy road
Duty Death: Dennis Engelhard - [St. Louis, Missouri]
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A Christmas blast of winter weather led to dozens of stranded motorists and accidents on Friday, including one that killed a state trooper who was responding to another crash.
Missouri Highway Patrol Cpl. Dennis Engelhard, 49, was on the scene of a minor accident on Interstate 44 near Eureka when he was struck by an SUV that lost control on the westbound section of the highway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help