Wash. deputy killed in rollover crash
Duty Death: Deputy John Bernard - [Grant County, Washington]
QUINCY, Wash. — A Grant County Sheriff's deputy was killed in a car crash near Quincy Sunday night.
Grant County Emergency Services spokesman Kyle Foreman tells KIRO 7 that Deputy John Bernard was on routine patrol when he was involved in a one-car accident.
The crash happened at SR 283 and Road #5 NW, approximately nine miles south of Ephrata.
52-year-old Deputy Bernard was traveling westbound on Road #5 NW, left the roadway and rolled.
Read full story: Deputy dies in car accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help