New Orleans officer hurt in crash dies
Officer Alfred Celestain was removed from life support
Duty Death: Officer Alfred Celestain - [New Orleans, Louisiana]
NEW ORLEANS — A New Orleans police officer hurt during an on-duty car wreck over the weekend died from his injuries Monday night, according to authorities.
Alfred Celestain, 54, an 8th District officer, was removed from a life support system at LSU Interim Public Hospital about 9:15 p.m., said Dr. Frank Minyard, the New Orleans coroner.
Celestain rode with another officer when their patrol car collided with a pick-up truck about 4:30 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of St. Charles Avenue and St. Joseph Street in the Central Business District, said officer Janssen Valencia, an NOPD spokesman.
Read full story: New Orleans police officer dies from injuries
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy