New Orleans officer hurt in crash dies
Officer Alfred Celestain was removed from life support
Duty Death: Officer Alfred Celestain - [New Orleans, Louisiana]
NEW ORLEANS — A New Orleans police officer hurt during an on-duty car wreck over the weekend died from his injuries Monday night, according to authorities.
Alfred Celestain, 54, an 8th District officer, was removed from a life support system at LSU Interim Public Hospital about 9:15 p.m., said Dr. Frank Minyard, the New Orleans coroner.
Celestain rode with another officer when their patrol car collided with a pick-up truck about 4:30 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of St. Charles Avenue and St. Joseph Street in the Central Business District, said officer Janssen Valencia, an NOPD spokesman.
Read full story: New Orleans police officer dies from injuries
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help