Fla. police officer dies in crash
Charlie Dallas had been named the department's Officer of the Year several times
Duty Death: Officer Charlie Dallas - [Tampa, Florida]
TAMPA, Fla. — Veteran Lakeland police officer Charlie Dallas, who had been named the department's Officer of the Year several times, died Monday afternoon in a car crash.
Dallas, 56, spent about 20 years with the department. He was a longtime canine handler but recently had moved back to patrol duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. police officer dies in crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house