Ill. officer killed after squad hits tree
Alan Haymaker had been on the force for 21 years
Duty Death: Sgt. Alan Haymaker - [Chicago, Illinois]
CHICAGO — A third-generation Chicago cop who was killed when his squad car crashed into a light pole shortly after 5 this morning along Lake Shore Drive north of Irving Park Road was responding to a burglary at the time of the crash, police say.
Sgt. Alan Haymaker, 56, was pronounced dead at 7:33 a.m. at Illinois Masonic Hospital after being pinned in the car.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. officer killed after squad hits tree
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy