Video shows Mich. officer jumping to avoid car
Officer Brian Kashyk had to make a split-second decision
By PoliceOne Staff
BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — Police patrol officer Brian Kashyk is recovering after a harrowing incident during a traffic stop.
Officer Kashyk narrowly escaped being pinned between two cars Monday during a crash investigation on the side of a busy highway, according to Click on Detroit.
The officer was taking information from a driver when he noticed a car that had lost control, sliding toward him quickly. He tried to run, but at the last second jumped instead.
According to CNN, Kashyk's life "flashed before his eyes" and he only had a split second to react. He walked away with minor injuries, and is taking some time off to recuperate and return to full duty.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help