No murder charge in Chicago cop's crash death
Proof lacking he was headed to burglary
CHICAGO — The burglary suspects Chicago Police Sgt. Alan Haymaker died trying to catch won't be charged with felony murder, prosecutors said Thursday.
The decision came as the gang's alleged lookout was caught. At least two accomplices remain at large.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: No murder charge in Chicago cop's crash death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house