Video shows out-of-control car hitting Ohio cop
Lieutenant John Lambert suffered multiple injuries
By PoliceOne Staff
CLEVELAND, Ohio — A Brooklyn Heights police officer is recovering from critical injuries after a speeding car hit him during a snow storm.
According to ABCLocal, Lieutenant John Lambert was trying to help a motorist who had crashed into a highway barrier wall on an icy ramp.
Another driver on the road came up the ramp, lost control of the vehicle, and smashed into Lambert’s patrol car, sliding into the officer and the man he was helping. The entire incident was caught on in-car video.
"As (Lt. Lambert) looked up, he noticed the vehicle coming at him," said Lt. Joseph Zawislan in an interview with WKYC.com. "He turned to push the other gentleman out of the way as he tired to jump over the guardrail."
The officer, a 22-veteran of the force, suffered multiple broken bones, including his pelvis and left eye socket, according to the Plain Dealer. The others involved in the crash were not injured.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house