Md. officer dies from car crash injuries
Officer Thomas P. Jensen was injured in a Feb. 27 crash
Duty Death: Officer Thomas P. Jensen - [Prince George County, Maryland]
PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY, Md. — A 27-year-old Prince George's County police officer died late Tuesday night from injuries suffered when his cruiser crashed into a telephone pole as he responded to a call Feb. 27.
Officer 1st Class Thomas P. Jensen's cruiser struck black ice near the intersection of Baltimore Avenue and Greenbelt Road in College Park. Jensen was responding to a call from the fire department, which needed help with a disorderly person who was believed to be on PCP, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. officer dies from car crash injuries
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house