Two Calif. motorcycle officers crash while training
The crash happened as they were training to conduct a fast escort
San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — Police motorcades are a routine sight in San Francisco - slow escorts for funerals and fast escorts for dignitaries who could become targets.
But on Wednesday, tragedy nearly struck as police were training to conduct a fast escort. As 15 officers steered motorcycles up steep California Street toward the Fairmont Hotel on Nob Hill, two of the bikes collided.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house