NM deputy asleep at the wheel crashes cruiser
Deputy Adrian Chavez, 25, had just finished an overnight shift
Las Cruces Sun-News
RADIUM SPRINGS, N.M. — A sheriff's deputy destroyed his vehicle and was injured Thursday morning when he fell asleep at the wheel, according to New Mexico State Police Lt. Eric F. Garcia.
Deputy Adrian Chavez, 25, had just finished an overnight shift and was driving south on State Road 185 at 8 a.m. when he crossed the northbound lane and crashed into a telephone pole outside the Blue Moon Bar, where the highway curves to the right, Garcia said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM deputy asleep at the wheel crashes cruiser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house