Utah deputy dies in fall from bridge
Sgt. Franco Aguilar was responding to a crash scene
Duty Death: Sgt. Franco Aguilar - [Sevier County, Utah]
Editor’s Note: The PoliceOne team today received information from the Sevier County Sheriff's Office that officers there are working to raise awareness about a memorial fund set up at Wells Fargo Bank for Sergeant Franco Aguilar’s family. Our contacts there tell us that you can donate to the “Memorial Fund for Franco Aguilar” at any Wells Fargo Bank nationwide. You can also contact Chief Deputy John N. Hunt of the Sevier County Sheriffs Office at 435-896-2600.
Deseret Morning News
RICHFIELD. Utah — Sevier County Sheriff's Sgt. Franco Aguilar was someone that family, friends and co-workers could rely on for about anything.
"He was a heck of a guy," said sheriff's detective Nathan Curtis. "He was one of those guys you really enjoy working with. He was a hard worker. He led by example. He was really one of those guys when you picture a police officer, he was that kind of guy."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah deputy dies in fall from bridge
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help