Pa. police get new gear courtesy of local man
Jimmy Binns, a police patron and humanitarian, founded the CopWheels program in 2007 to raise money for law-enforcement equipment and to create memorials for fallen officers
By Michelle Skowronek
The Philadelphia Daily News
Police officers swarmed the Art Museum steps yesterday. But they weren't flocking to a crime scene.
They were there to celebrate the donation of 21 motorcycles, 21 mountain bikes and 100 shotguns to the department, through the work of Jimmy Binns.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. police get new gear courtesy of local man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police