Fla. deputy under investigation in fatal crash
Cleared of any wrongdoing in an April 2005 accident, Polk County sheriff's Deputy William Schob is under scrutiny for his second traffic fatality in five years, his sixth traffic accident since joining the force in 1998
By Eric Pera
The Lakeland Ledger
BARTOW, Fla. — The car crash last month in Haines City in which a Davenport woman was killed marked the second traffic fatality in five years involving veteran Polk County sheriff's Deputy William Schob.
An investigation is ongoing into the May 15 accident on U.S. 27 that left Moni Kurian, 63, dead and her husband, Puleekunnil Kurian, 70, seriously injured.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. deputy under investigation in fatal crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests