Fla. deputy under investigation in fatal crash
Cleared of any wrongdoing in an April 2005 accident, Polk County sheriff's Deputy William Schob is under scrutiny for his second traffic fatality in five years, his sixth traffic accident since joining the force in 1998
By Eric Pera
The Lakeland Ledger
BARTOW, Fla. — The car crash last month in Haines City in which a Davenport woman was killed marked the second traffic fatality in five years involving veteran Polk County sheriff's Deputy William Schob.
An investigation is ongoing into the May 15 accident on U.S. 27 that left Moni Kurian, 63, dead and her husband, Puleekunnil Kurian, 70, seriously injured.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. deputy under investigation in fatal crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman