Video: SUV drives over Md. officer's squad
Officer Seth Carson said, "I thought if it hit me it would just hit me, not drive over me like Bigfoot"
By PoliceOne Staff
On July 22, Montgomery County (Md.) Police Officer Seth Carson pursued three teenage carjacking suspects onto a narrow bridge. He knew the bridge well, and was glad to see the Ford SUV the subjects had stolen appear to be pinned between an oncoming car and the guardrail at the mouth of the bridge.
“He’s going to hit a vehicle and bail out on the bridge,” Carson radioed to dispatch. “Stand by.”
Then, suddenly, Officer Carson saw reverse lights, and like Bigfoot, the SUV was on top of — and then over — Officer’s Carson’s squad car.
“I just ducked,” Carson said. “I wanted to make sure I was as low as I could possibly be.”
All three suspects were quickly arrested and charged with a variety of charges — two of them charged as adults.
Check out the video from the dash cam in Carson’s car.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help