Texting teen crashes Lexus into house, gets cited
Was using her cell phone to send and receive text messages just before she lost control
The Chicago Sun-Times
CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill — Crystal Lake is home to the latest cautionary tale of texting while driving.
Police say a 16-year-old girl from the McHenry County town was text messaging just before she lost control of her Lexus, careened across a lawn and slammed into a house.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman