Ga. police begin 18-wheeler crash crackdown
Safety Department officers are patrolling I-75 watching for vehicles traveling too closely to commercial trucks and trucks tailing vehicles
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CATOOSA, Ga. — State officer Christopher Ware will never forget when he answered an emergency call nine years ago and saw a car lodged beneath an 18-wheeler.
The family inside the car was dead.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. police begin 18-wheeler crash crackdown
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests