Idaho officer shot in face after pursuit
The suspect was detained and taken to the hospital after wrecking his car and the officer is expected to fully recover
JEROME COUNTY, Idaho — A Jerome Police officer was shot in the face and a suspect was wounded Monday night after a high-speed chase following an attempted traffic stop near the Jerome city limits.
Authorities say Jerome Police Officer Dennis Clark attempted to stop Chris Taylor, 29, for traffic violations near the east side of Jerome. Taylor failed to stop and led officers on a five-mile, high-speed pursuit that ended when Taylor lost control of his car and rolled the vehicle into a farm field.
Three Jerome Police officers and one Jerome County Sheriff's deputy were involved in the pursuit during which gunfire was exchanged between Taylor and two police officers. Both Taylor and Officer Clark suffered gunshot wounds. Their injuries are described as non-life threatening.
Read more on NWCN.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic