Arizona tribal police officer killed by stray trailer
The officer had only been with the department for 30 days at the time of the accident
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN CARLOS APACHE, Ariz. — A tribal police officer in Arizona was killed Sunday after a stray trailer collided with his vehicle.
26-year-old officer Aaron Pero was driving to a meeting when the trailer came off a hitch and struck his vehicle, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs said according to the Arizona Republic.
The officer had only been with the department for 30 days at the time of the accident.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety is investigating before further details are released.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help