Man convicted in Ky. officer hit and run
Glenn Doneghy, the driver of a vehicle that killed Officer Bryan Durman, convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter
By PoliceOne Staff
LEXINGTON, Ky. — A Lexington man was found guilty Thursday of second-degree manslaughter in the hit-and-run death of Lexington police officer Bryan Durman.
Jurors convicted Glenn Doneghy, who was charged with murder, of a less severe charge of second-degree manslaughter after nearly 18 hours of deliberations, according to Lex 18.
When the accident happened last year, Durman was standing inside the open door of a parked car, facing the travel lanes of the highway. Durman had approached the vehicle to investigate a noise complaint, police said.
Prosecutors said Doneghy was driving an SUV and intentionally hit Durman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man convicted in Ky. officer hit and run
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house