Video: Wrong-way teen driver tries to flee police
The teenager speeds backwards toward a roundabout and narrowly misses oncoming traffic as an unmarked police car and back-up vehicles attempt to stop him
By PoliceOne Staff
UNITED KINGDOM — A reckless teenage driver attempts to escape police by driving in the wrong direction down a UK highway at 60 mph, cell phone video shows.
The teenager speeds backwards toward a roundabout and narrowly misses oncoming traffic as an unmarked police car and back-up vehicles attempt to stop him.
The chase happened at an estate in Warwickshire, England, during a police crackdown on illegal 'car cruise' events last month, The Daily Mail reported.
One of the boy's friends filmed the pursuit and uploaded it to YouTube.
It appears the driver is finally caught at the end of the chase, but he managed to evade police capture.
'"It's a miracle he didn't kill anyone,"’ a witness said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court