Ohio deputy in critical condition after striking hearse
The officer was escorting a funeral procession by motorcycle when he hit the hearse
By PoliceOne Staff
MONTGOMERY, Ohio – A Hamilton County sheriff’s deputy is in critical condition after striking a hearse while driving a motorcycle.
The police officer, whose name has not been released, was escorting a funeral procession when he struck the vehicle Friday morning.
The officer was talking to rescuers after the incident and seemed alert, according to WCPO.
Police are investigating the accident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help