Video: Texas cop uses patrol car to stop runaway SUV
"I thought I was going to die. I really did," the driver said
By PoliceOne Staff
HUNTSVILLE, Texas — Dash cam shows a police officer save the life of a man driving a runaway SUV after he put his patrol car in its path.
Gatlin Jeter called 911 for help last Saturday after he said he couldn’t stop his car, according to KPRC. Officer Rocky Carrell responded to the call, and about five minutes into the video, his department-issued SUV is seen preventing Gaitlin’s Ford Expedition from slamming into a stopped pickup truck.
"I thought I was going to die. I really did," Jeter said, and he credits Gaitlin with saving his life.
Carrell told his supervisors he had previously seen a similar situation with a different vehicle that had lost control.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms